[mapguide-users] Possibility of reading MapGuide WMS service with ArcMAP

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Mon Feb 3 13:16:38 PST 2014

I'm trying to read a MapGuide WMS service with ArcMAP and its looks like I'm able to get the layer and read the correct bounding box. When I get properties for the layer in ArcMAP it doesn't have any styling properties. I'm figuring the a the culprit is the fact that mapguide does have support for Styled Layer Descriptors (SLD) which I think ArcMAP relies on to style the layer.

So my question is: is it impossible to show mapguide WMS layers in ArcMAP because mapguide doesn't support (SLD?)