[mapguide-users] Introducing mapguide-rest

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 23:50:49 PST 2014

Hi All,

Here's a little side-project I've been working on this past week and a half.

mapguide-rest is a PHP-based web extension for MapGuide that provides:

 a) A RESTful interface to the MapGuide Web API (continuing ideas explored
in the defunct mapguide4j project also on my github)
 b) A re-imagining of GeoREST's data publishing capabilities.

Because it is PHP-based, it will also work on Linux builds of MapGuide as
well and installation is a simple drop-the-folder-into-the-www-directory.

mapguide-rest has been tested on MapGuide Open Source 2.5.2, but should
theoretically work with any version of MapGuide/AIMS that bundles PHP 5.3
or newer. However, there may be bugs in the MapGuide API of these older
versions that may prevent some parts of the REST API from working properly.

You can find the source (and installation instructions) in my github:
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-rest

More information about this project can also be found on the project wiki:
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-rest/wiki

An initial introduction to mapguide-rest can also be found on my blog:
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/introducing-mapguide-rest-new-rest.html

Questions, comments, feedback, pull requests. All welcome.

- Jackie