[mapguide-users] Introducing mapguide-rest

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:16:12 PST 2014

Hi All,

It has come to my attention that mapguide-rest blows up on any REST API URL
where the transcoded resource ID contains non-ASCII characters.

The current workaround is to rename such a resource to use only
English/ASCII characters.

The solution is to fix the match() method in the Slim Framework Route class
(here:
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-rest/blob/master/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php#L353)
so that its regular expression matching can also work with URLs containing
non-ASCII characters.

However, my regex skills are somewhat weak, making the solution somewhat
difficult for me to carry out. Any ideas?

Thanks to David for the heads up in the comments on my blog.

- Jackie