[mapguide-users] WMS GetFeatureInfo as Tooltip in AjaxViewer

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Tue Feb 25 00:19:43 PST 2014

Hi,

I think this is not correct. A WMS can consist of 3 methods:

1. GetCapabilities
2. GetMap
3. GetFeatureInfo (optional)

With GetFeatureInfo I can get the attributes of the topmost feature on the
map. I believe that it is MapGuide (FDOProvider?) that doesn't support this
request type. I know that it is possible in other GIS applications like QGIS
or MapBender (not as tooltip but as click on the map). I've also implemented
something similar with MapServer by myself.

By the way: WFS is not an option!

I could imagine that I'm able to do some hacking of the AjaxViewer to send
my own GetFeatureInfo-requests to the service and then show it as a tooltip.
Just wanted to know if it is worth the time!

Thank Gunter