[mapguide-users] Mg-Desktop on Androïd

Srecko Lipovsek srecko.lipovsek at kaliopa.si
Thu Jul 10 02:04:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

Recently I play around with this Offline aproach on Android and it works
very well:

- NUTITEQ for Android ( http://www.nutiteq.com/ <http://www.nutiteq.com/>  )
- build this and install on Android:
https://github.com/nutiteq/hellomap3d/tree/master/AdvancedMap3D
<https://github.com/nutiteq/hellomap3d/tree/master/AdvancedMap3D>
- Create .MBTILES file with MOBAC ( http://mobac.sourceforge.net/
<http://mobac.sourceforge.net/>  ) or any other Softwate (TILEMIL) from any
WMS source (even Mapguide). You need to add your WMS source manualy.
- Upload file to Android and open .MBTILES file in AdvancedMap3D sample and
you have Offline mode on Android.

MBTILES file is SQLITE file with prerenderd tiles.
Tiles have to be in EPSG:3857 (World Mercator).

I have some problems connecting to Mapguide WMS (i didn't try latest
version), so for Quick test I use local Geoserver.

It will be great if:
- Mapguide could support WMS Connection to entire MAP
- Or Mapguide could support creating MBTILES file directly (like TILECACHE
in Maestro)

I belive that some small tools have to be created here for manipulating and
refreshing MBTILES files, but I belive that this can be made very quickly.

Perhaps even Jackie's mapguide-rest could help here ...