[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.6 Beta 1 released

Bernhard Maehler bernhard.maehler at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 10:06:04 PDT 2014

Thanks for the info Jackie.
I wasn't aware of the changes and improvements you made since publishing
MapGuide Open Source 2.6 Beta 1.
Yesterday I checked the newest files on Fusion trunk and updated this buggy
version of Fusion which comes with AIMS 2015 (sorry Autodesk...).
Looks very good until now (e. g. no more php error messages with
selection.php) and from an administration standpoint,
the upgrades to Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.5 and the TraceKit integration (which
is not a part of AIMS) are really great improvements.
An issue that still exist (in our environment):
We have several maps with two base layer groups (e. g. the first base layer
is a a town map the second one an aerial photo).
The first base layer group is set to visible (=initially visible in map),
the second one to invisible.
After opening the map, both base layer groups are visible and the second one
(aerial photo) overlaps the first one (town map).
The legend tree looks ok, the first base layer group has been turned on, the
second one has been turned off.
In a former version of Fusion (I don't know the exact version) this issue
has been patched.
The patch has been applied to MapGuide.js with following lines of code at
the end of function initLoadMapResponse:

            var i = 0;
            var j = 0;
            for(i = 0;i < this.layerRoot.groups.length; i++){
                if(this.layerRoot.groups[i].isBaseMapGroup &&
!this.layerRoot.groups[i].initiallyVisible){
                    for(j = 0; j<this.oLayersOLTile.length; j++) {

if(this.oLayersOLTile[j].params.basemaplayergroupname ===
this.layerRoot.groups[i].name) {
                            this.oLayersOLTile[j].setVisibility(false);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        },

In the actual version above lines have been removed.
However, after applying the patch to the actual version of MapGuide.js
everything works fine again.

Bernhard