[mapguide-users] Layer not showing Coordinate system override from feature source

Ernesto Vega ernesvega at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:30:18 PDT 2014

I have a shape file feature source and I have added it a Coordinate system
override as seen below:

LOCAL_CS["Non-Earth (Kilometer)",LOCAL_DATUM["
Local Datum",0],UNIT["Kilometer", 1000],AXIS["X",EAST],AXIS["Y",NORTH]]

If I preview it in Maestro, I can easily drill down to it the deepest
scale, and coordinate system appears to be as defined above.  I can see
that conversion from Non-Earth (Meter) to Non-Earth(Kilometer) is done
correctly and map displays as expected.

The problem is when I create a layer out of it. The conversion just doesn't
happen and If I preview such layer I can't get to the same scale. Am I
missing something here ? Is this supposed to happen ?

Any pointers will be more than welcome.

I'm using Mapguide OpenSource 2.6 and Maestro 6.0a1

Regards,

Ernesto

--
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."