[mapguide-users] New user in Mapguide Maestro

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Tue Mar 18 07:45:25 PDT 2014

As Martin writes, you can use the same computer for both.
However in a production environment you will have a server with MapGuide and
on your laptop/destop you will have Maestro and you can configure multiple
servers from your own computer.
In my situation we have a lot of Amazon servers with MapGuide and I can
configure all of them from my laptop.
To make things even more complicated the MapGuide server is in two parts. A
server service that can run on one machine and a webservice that can run on
another machine (or the same). I usually install both on the same machine.

Look at this: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/GettingStartedGuide.html
Also look at these videos with a step by step guide:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4A9726D3631A0460

Best regards
  Hans Milling...