[mapguide-users] Need feedback on SHP Provider

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:26:48 PDT 2014

Hi All,

If you've downloaded MapGuide Open Source 2.6 Beta 1 and work with lots of
SHP files, I've uploaded a patched SHP FDO provider that I'd like you to try
out.

64-bit:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/patches/fdo3.9_ticket837/SHPProvider_ticket837_x64.zip

32-bit:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/patches/fdo3.9_ticket837/SHPProvider_ticket837_x86.zip

This patched provider implements the APIs introduced with FDO RFC 23
(FdoIGetSchemaNames, FdoIGetClassNames, FdoIDescribeSchema with class name
hint), which should *dramatically* improve class name listing and individual
class definition fetching performance for SHP Feature Sources that point to
a directory with lots of SHP files.

I'd like some initial feedback on this patched provider before I turn this
into a formal code patch for review and submission into FDO.

- Jackie