[mapguide-users] null label value

Mark Volz (LeapCAD) mark at leap-cad.com
Thu Nov 13 16:27:01 PST 2014

All,

I know this is an old issue but I'm wondering if there is a plan to fix it
(the issue was introduced in 2.4).

Process:

You have layer which has a display label linked to a field in the data, for
this email let's call it label_text.

Prior to 2.4 if label_text = null (value not text) then no label was
rendered on the map . from my PoV this is the expected behaviour.

After 2.4 if label_text = null then the word 'text' is render as the label
rather than no label.

The current work around that I have been using is to decode the null value
to ' ' so the map looks correct.

My question is . Can this be resolved or is this by design to fix another
issue?

I had a look through the tickets and couldn't find any around this issue so
please let me know if you think it is worthwhile opening one.

Regards

Mark