[mapguide-users] web layout script

Mal mfernandes at rand.com
Fri Nov 28 09:07:36 PST 2014

win7/64 - mapguide 2.5 Maestro6 IE 8 and IE11

I have what seems like a simple script, "ZoomToScale" but I cannot get it to
work
myMap=parent.parent.mapFrame;
var X=myMap.GetCenter().X;
var Y=myMap.GetCenter().Y;
var Scale=prompt("Enter Scale: ","");
Scale=parselnt(Scale);
myMap.ZoomToView(X,Y,Scale,true);

what I have found out so far is that it stops at line 4 (added prompts
before and after to trace)
Scale=parselnt(Scale);

TargetViewer is set to all

On my Mapguide server I have IE8
After I enter a scale, my view scale does not change
and  IE 8 reports an error
"Errors on this webpage might cause it to work incorrectly"
"Object expected"
"mapviewerajax/      Line:248"
"code 0                   Char: 38"

On a guest workstation running win8.1 and IE11
I do not get any errors but my view scale does not change

any ideas on how I could trouble shoot.