[mapguide-users] Map scales inaccurate by %13.528

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Wed Oct 8 05:46:54 PDT 2014

MapGuide Open Source 2.5.2
Windows Server 2008 64-bit

It looks to me like map scales are inaccurate. According to my calculations they're off by %13.528.

Here's how to demonstrate the inaccuracy:

Open localhost/mapguide/dotnetsamples/main.aspx

Zoom to scale 1:1000

Draw a line that is one foot long using the measure tool.

The measurement of the line according to the task pane is 0.14 miles. If this is converted to feet that's about 7392 feet.

Since the current zoom scale is 1:1000 you would expect a foot long measure redline to be 1000 feet, not 7392.

[cid:image002.png at 01CFE2CC.064E1520]