[mapguide-users] php - edit map in repository, save modifications back

rob_ robert.fritz at win.ch
Fri Oct 17 06:12:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm getting a bit confused reading through the DevGuide (chapter 5) and code
examples in the email archive. Maybe someone can just point me in the right
direction.

I would like to open an existing map, modify it (add an existing layer) and
save it back into the repository.
There is no layout, website or user activity involved. The map won't be
displayed at all. Instead of adding layers through Studio/Maestro I need to
automate the process (as I'm not familiar with Python but have some
experience with PHP I prefer MapGuide API instead of using Maestro/Python).

What I haven't figured out yet is - do I need to work with sessions? Or can
I somehow open an existing map or  layer "directly"? I would like to use
MapGuide Api to insert layers into a map as it seems easier than dealing
with XML.

Many thanks, Rob

-----
http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/