[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 3.0 Beta 1 released

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:44:43 PDT 2015

Jackie,

Thanks for posting the explanation of the TileSetDefintion on your  blog
<http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2015/03/mapguide-30-feature-showcase-tile.html>
.  I had briefly looked at  RFC 140
<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc140>  , but at the time
didn't realize when this would be actually implemented.  While this and many
other enhancements have been made since v2.5, I have been a little hesitant
to move forward because of the lack of certain types of gdal raster format
support (ECWs, SIDs, etc).  I am now trying to understand some of the
concepts and potential work arounds for static raster files by using
previously seeded tile caches.

So, based on the notion that the TileSetDefinition uses a tile cache that is
seeded by MgCooker, would there be any limitations to taking tile caches
created in previous versions of MGOS, place them in an alias folder, create
a TileSetDefinition resource, and add it to the map definition as an
external tile source? (I have also read the  concepts
<http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2015/04/announcing-mapguide-maestro-60m4.html>
exposed in the latest edition of Maestro.  Do you know of any gotchas that
would be beneficial to disclose when editing a map definition with
basemaps/TileSetDefinitions (i.e. deleting your entire tile cache
repository)?

Thanks for your help and continued explanations,

Steve