[mapguide-users] Custom GDAL for MGOS 2.6 and 3.0

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 02:23:26 PDT 2015

Okay, a small update on progress.

I've been able to compile these custom GDAL dlls :) But there's a few
differences from the binaries on gisinternals:

 - No MrSID driver support (the DevKit does not include MrSID SDK libraries,
as I'm guessing redistribution of headers/libs is not allowed)
 - ECW support is limited to the 3.x SDK as that is what's in the DevKit.
DevKit does not include ECW 4.x and 5.x headers/libs.
 - No Oracle driver support (the DevKit does not include Oracle Instant
Client SDK headers/libs. No OCI support for OGR shouldn't be an issue.
You're all using King.Oracle right?)
 - No MySQL driver support (compiler/linker error hell)
 - No JP2OpenJPEG driver support (the DevKit assumes GDAL 1.11, which
requires a newer OpenJPEG library than what GDAL 1.10 requires)

- Jackie