[mapguide-users] Mapguide and ODBC

Gord McKenzie gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Wed Apr 22 07:19:38 PDT 2015

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately this is a textual ID provided by the government and it is applied to the geometry objects in the sdf file at a different time then when the database record is created.  This application has been running for some time in MS Access and works fine there.  I am trying to upgrade to newer Mapguide and to move to SQL Server instead of Access.  I can actually create the join between the SDF and SQL Server in AutoCAD Map and it works fine there as well.

I have had many issues with ODBC and Mapguide, similar to those documented by others on this list.  It seems that ODBC and Mapguide connectivity is just a bit of a fussy thing.