[mapguide-users] Server stops working after 2-3 days

Franco Caloni franco.caloni at stacec.com
Thu Apr 30 02:24:26 PDT 2015

Hi all,
MG 2.6 64bit on Windows Server 2008 R2/IIS.
I'm experiencing a stability problem on my production server.
My application works fine on both my development machine (Win 7, VS2013, C#)
and the server, but on the server, after some time it stay up (and works),
let's say 2-3 days, it stops working giving this error (in Event Viewer):

-----
Process information:
    Process ID: 6464
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: IIS APPPOOL\MapGuide26AppPool

Exception information:
    Exception type: MgResourcesLoadFailedException
    Exception message: Failed to load the resource file
"Resources/mapguide_en.res" for locale "en".
   at MgInitializeWebTier line 131 file InitializeWebTier.cpp
   at MgInitializeWebTierInternal line 102 file InitializeWebTier.cpp
   at MgResources.LoadResources line 338 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\common\foundation\System/Reso
urces.cpp
   ==== [C++ <-> .net] ====
   in
OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.ThrowCustomException(S
tring className, IntPtr cptr)
   in OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.MgInitializeWebTier(String jarg1)
   in CityGis.Ente.GoCartografia.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   in System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   in System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean

Request information:
    Request URL: theUrl
    Request path: thePath
    User host address: TheServerIP
    User: theUserName
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: ApplicationCookie
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\MapGuide26AppPool

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 9
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\MapGuide26AppPool
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:    in
OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.ThrowCustomException(S
tring className, IntPtr cptr)
   in OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.MgInitializeWebTier(String jarg1)
   in CityGis.Ente.GoCartografia.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   in System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   in System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean

-----

At this point I have to manually restart the application pool (not recycling
it, but restarting), and the application works again for 2-3 day then I have
the same error again....
I already given to "Everyone" and "IIS APPPOOL\MapGuide26AppPool"  users
full control on resource folder (which is not under "Program" folder), but
still have the problem.
It seems an application pool setting problem but can't figure what is (I
didn't changed the setting the MG setup made on AppPool when I installed it)
any ideas?

Thanks

Franco