[mapguide-users] Compiler Error Message: CS0122

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Mon Dec 7 13:25:04 PST 2015

Upgrading from MGOS 2.6 to 3.0 64 BIT
IIS on windows 7
.net 4

Uninstalled 2.6, installed 3.0
Updated packages using NuGet Package Manager
built project (vs 2010) and I am getting:

Compiler Error Message: CS0122: 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MgMap.MgMap()' is
inaccessible due to its protection level

at this line:

MgMap map = new MgMap();

This is the code snippet:

MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(configPath);

MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(sessionId);
MgSiteConnection siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
siteConnection.Open(userInfo);

MgResourceService resService =
(MgResourceService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService);
MgFeatureService featureService =
(MgFeatureService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService);

MgMap map = new MgMap();
map.Open(resService, "Cid_Map");

This was fine with 2.6 and I am assuming there were no changes to 3.0 that
would cause a problem with this code.  Any ideas?

Greg