[mapguide-users] mapguide-rest 1.0 RC4 heads up

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 03:54:38 PST 2015

Hi All,

This is a heads up for the next RC (yes, it's another RC release) of
mapguide-rest.

To simplify and streamline the API surface of mapguide-rest before we lock
it down for the final 1.0 release, I've removed all routes where XML is the
implicit response format. For example, suppose we wanted to enumerate all
coordinate system categories.

You would do a GET on either:

 /coordsys/categories

or

 /coordsys/categories.{xml|json}

The first one is a route where XML is the implicitly defined as the response
format. The second one requires that the format be specified. All URL routes
like the first example have been removed.

To eliminate the impact of this change when RC4 comes out, migrate all your
URL routes to the explicit form. You only need to do this if you use the XML
form of the various URL routes. If you use the JSON form, you would've had
to specify .json already wherever it is required, so you won't be impacted
by this change.

- Jackie