[mapguide-users] New Looks of the Mobile GIS/Mapping Viewer - The Town of Qualicum Beach

RenoSun renolionheart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:43:35 PST 2015

Thank you Jackie,

I removed the ol.js since I didn't use it at all. I think I was trying to
upgrade the the mobile viewer from ol2 to ol3 before.

I installed the GeoWebCache on our server, but I didn't figure out how to
use it with mapguide-rest xyz tiles yet.

http://maps.qualicumbeach.com/mapserver2014/rest/library/QualicumBeach/TiledMaps/Airphoto/2014Airphoto.MapDefinition/xyz/Base%20Layer%20Group/18/40468/89635/tile.png

Also, I found that MapBox have a good GeoTiff tile service, but the starter
plan only allow me to upload 1 GB GeoTiff file, and the JPEG compressed
GeoTiff will not work properly on MapBox at low zoom level 13-15. However,
if you see our map, and change the based map to 2011 Airphoto. You will see
the based map tiles are loaded about twice faster than before. Not as fast
as Bing/Google map tiles, but good enough.

Hope I will figure out how to use GeoWebCache