[mapguide-users] Alias path doesn't work with GDAL Provider in MGOS 2.6

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Feb 4 11:47:58 PST 2015

Hi,

after upgrading our application to MapGuide OpenSource 2.6 we have realised
that the GDAL Provider FeatureSources doesn't work anymore. All of these
FeatureSources were configured using alias pathes and these pathes were
correctly added to the serverconfig.ini after installation. I've rebuild and
also saved the FeatrueSources several times while testing. I've also created
new FeatureSources to the aliased rasterfiles with no luck (using Maestro
6.0.0.8244).

This is the message in error.log:

I seems that the images couldn't be find. So, I tried changing the aliased
paths in the FeatureSource to absolute pathes and immediatly the images
appeared on my map.

Does anyone else realised problems with alias paths in raster FeatureSources
or does anyone has any idea what can cause this issue and how to work
around? Seems to me like a bug!

Thanks, Gunter