[mapguide-users] Improving AIMS/Mapguide bundled PHP performance

RenoSun renolionheart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:48:10 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

I saw Jackie having a new blog post taking about improving mapguide bundled
PHP performance by "new opcode caching feature" on following link:
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2015/11/mapguide-tidbits-improving-bundled-php.html

I couldn't figure out how to have the same improvement on my AIMS (2014) map
server.

I keep getting the error as following when I enable the php_wincache.dll or
php_apc.dll extension.

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5234550/Capture.png>

For the WinCache, I installed it by using Web Platform Installer 5.0, and
it's Windows Cache Extension 1.3 for PHP 5.3. However, when I add the
extension to my AIMS bundle PHP, it showed the same error as above.

For APC, I downloaded APC 3.1.14 beta for PHP 5.3 nts (Win7/2008), and it
showed the same error as above.

http://dev.freshsite.pl/php-accelerators/apc.html

My server environment is like following:
AIMS 2014
Windows Server 2008 R2
IIS 7.5
PHP 5.3.8-Win64
Compiler: MSVC10 (Visual C++ 2010)
Thread Safety: enabled

Has anyone sucessfully used WinCache or APC to improve the AIMS bundled PHP
performance?
Let me know Smiley Happy Thank you very much!