[mapguide-users] REST Broken Parts or being Used Incorrectly? Jackie?

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Wed Nov 18 07:45:02 PST 2015

re: FDO filter vs One at a Time this Equals that processing

I guess I am free to download and tweek the code to my own liking while
learning me some PHP, but I can't see why this wouldn't be a needed feature.
This will not be viable in its present form for tracing large networks and
making selections on 30,000 features across a dozen layers of an electrical
Substation trace. Imagine the size difference in this scenario of the XML
needed.

Now..Imagine if I needed to zoom to thousands of features ACROSS MULTIPLE
LAYERS where something is LIKE something! PHASE Like %A% (this would include
Phase ABC, AB,AC but not BC, and also catches where order wasn't maintained
ACB)
Without an FDO filter in order to do a LIKE Query we would have to Query the
Library version of the data first to get a unique set of Data to query since
we are forced to use an EQUALS,  parse that to XML (god forbid we query a
long text field and the XML becomes even larger), then send that XML in to
query the exact same Featuresource we just queried but this time in the
runtimemap, to do this on more than one layer we have to REPEAT, our
Repeatedly Queying the same feature source twice, over and over.