[mapguide-users] Upgrade Mapguide from 2.6->3.0
hm at geograf.dk
Wed Sep 2 03:52:31 PDT 2015
You should be able to do this, the same way as moving to another server.
1. Make a backup of MapGuide 2.6.
2. Stop the existing MapGuide 2.6 service.
3. Open a command prompt and from the mapguide2.6\Server\RepositoryAdmin
run the BackUpOfflineRepositories.bat. Make sure no errors are displayed
(that is why you need to run it from a command window).
4. In the command window, run RestoreColdBackupRepositories.bat (same
folder). Again check for errors.
5. Then run RecoverRepositories.bat. Check for errors. If anything goes
wrong you need to restore your backup at this point.
6. Install MGOS 3.0 (You can remove 2.2 first if you need to resuse the same
folder/ports, but then you first make a copy of the "prepared" Repositories
7. Stop the MapGuide 3.0 service.
8. Delete the Repositories folder in mapguide3.0\server\ folder and copy
the prepared folder from MapGuide 2.6 to this location.
9. In the command window, change to the mapguide3.0\Server\RepositoryAdmin
folder and run UpgradeRepositories.bat. Check for errors.
10. Then run SetupRepositoryIndices.bat. Again check for errors.
11. Start the MapGuide 3.0 service (keep your fingers crossed) and upgrade
should be complete.
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Upgrade-Mapguide-from-2-6-3-0-tp5222237p5222276.html
Sent from the MapGuide Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the mapguide-users