[mapguide-users] Mapguide in Windows docker container

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:57:13 PST 2016

Native windows containers didn't exist at the time that blog post was
written.

So with that said. If you want to get something up and running, I suggest
starting with Microsoft's IIS docker image
(https://hub.docker.com/r/microsoft/iis/) and then:

 1. Get chocolatey (https://chocolatey.org/) installed on the container
 2. Use it to install .net Framework, MSVC runtimes and any other
pre-requisites
 3. Grab the MapGuide InstantSetup package and after extracting its contents
inside the container, use the command-line setup tool within to headlessly
configure your MapGuide installation inside this container.
 4. Expose port 80 in the container

And hopefully you'll have an IIS configured MapGuide installation ready to
go.

Just a word of warning, microsoft/iis is based on their servercore image and
not their new nano server image, meaning these images are going to be *huge*
as the container will have the full windows runtime environment and
associated bloat.

Good luck. I'd be interested in your findings.

- Jackie