[mapguide-users] Mapagent error with blank image

lbressan leonardo.bressan at abitat.it
Fri Jan 8 06:20:25 PST 2016

We have a production environment with:

MapGuide OS + Apache (2.6.08316)
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64 - 8GB Ram - 8 Core
Fusion WebLayout
The MapDefinition has about 100 layers (all layers are linked to Oracle
Spatial 11g with kingOra FDO)
About 100 user logon/day (mainly in working time from 8:00 AM to 5.00 PM)

Sometimes we experienced an error in the mapagent.fcgi call. The result  in
the browser is a blank map image with a red x (instead the map).
There are no errors logged the Apache error log or in the Mapguide error log
so we can’t find the problem that cause this error. The only think we found
is that the problem occurs more often when the system is under intense
usage.
Both Apache and Mapguide services is still running but all the call to the
mapagent.fcgi fails (So it seems that this is the component that stops
working).
The only solution we found to restore the functionality of the system is to
restart both Apache and Mapguide services, because restarting only one
doesn't resolve

Summarizing:
 Problem:
 fcgi error
 Result:
Blank map image in the browser
 Solution:
 Restart Apache and Mapguide server
 Question:
 How can we identify or log the cause of the problem?

 Best regards

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5244292/image002.jpg>