[mapguide-users] FDO Postgis provider and schema override

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:28:55 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 7:29 PM, svlad <svlad.cjelli42 at web.de> wrote:

> What about foreign keys in your setup, you have to ignore them in the XML
> schema

I had never problems with foreign keys

in my test xml schema if a table contains references to other tables there
are references to those classes.
If you make a FeatureSource for this table, do you include the referenced
tables definition in the config.xml or do you omit the foreign key? I think
tertium non datur.

Or maybe I don't understand correctly your setup.
Do you create a FeatureSource for each table, with a config.xml that
describe only that table and optionally override it in order to specify the
attribute to use as primary key? Am I correct?

> What about schema change, for instance when you create some new table? You
> need to launch a script to create the appropriate feature sources

I add new tables via FDO, so the SetResource purges the schema mapping.

In addition to that we restart the MG server every night.

At every new MapGuide session I test the used datasources if there is a

config.xml, if not I create it.

ok

What about repository size having hundreds of feature sources for db?

We have hundreds of tables the repository size is not the problem.

ok

> Did you optimize your postres db?
> work_mem, shared_buffers, effective_cache_size, checkpoint_segments,
> wal_buffers, checkpoint_completion_target, maintenance_work_mem

out of scope, but yes.
Its performance is quite good.

Did you optimize the MG serverconfig.ini?

Reasonably yes.

In my current setup I have a FeatureSource for each database, so I think I
can use schema override in a similar setup (one FS for database), but
apparently XML seems so long that Mapguide have problems using it.

Best regards,

Gabriele Monfardini