[mapguide-users] Editing DWG with MapGuide Open Source?

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Sun Jun 12 12:34:28 PDT 2016

You can use MapGuideAPI to get the geometry of any vector layer.

To render a DWG you would have to write your own FDO Provider.

The course shows how to write your own DWG renderer, which is not a part of
MapGuide.

Autodesk and Safe Software have FDO providers that can render dwg in
MapGuide but I don't think they are editable.

I know that cadsofttools.com has an API for dwg edit but I have never used
it..

Autodesk has the RealDWG api
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=770257

It does not support object data or link templates.

Gordon