[mapguide-users] MapGuide Download Layer data

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed May 18 03:11:43 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Jackie Ng <jumpinjackie at gmail.com> wrote:
> MapGuide is not suited for the purpose of bulk converting spatial data from
> PostgreSQL/SQLServer in to a data format (SHP?) that users can download
> on-the-fly and on-demand.

You could consider FDO2FDO to actually copy the data. Since your
application also uses FDO (through mapguide) you will be using the
same libraries for both download and visualisation.
http://www.sl-king.com/fdo2fdo/fdo2fdo.html

I agree with Jackie that you should not wait for the data to convert
on the fly. Do people need the last version when they download? I have
some files which are generated overnight. Download can then be started
immediately.