[mapguide-users] Migrating Mapguide 2.4 to 3.0 questions

BMason masonb12 at telus.net
Mon Nov 21 09:53:26 PST 2016

Hello,  I am running mapguide 2.4 and am in the process of migrating to
mapguide 3.0.  I have edited all the resources so that they are unmanaged.
Is it possible to simply copy the resources from the 2.4 server and paste
them onto the 3.0 server instead of creating packages?   I tested this
process and the connections of resources in the data folder were true.
Secondly,  if using the package route and some resources end up in the
repository of the new server by mistake,  what is the best way to remove
them?  thanks