[mapguide-users] MapGuide slow SHP datasource

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Nov 30 06:29:23 PST 2016

There are some internal limit to the maximum number of files. I am not sure
if it is MapGuide or Windows that has this limit. I think it is about 1000
file handles. A few years back we ran into this problem with one of our
customers.
The file based data is often compiled of several files for a single layer.
MapInfo TAB files have 4-5 files.
The server config has a limit of 200 internal but 200*5 = 1000 and I do not
know how many file handles MapGuide uses for everything else (repository,
temp files etc.).
I have no clue why connectionpooling has been disabled for SHP files, but I
usually have this in my serverconfig.ini:

DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders=OSGeo.SDF
DataConnectionPoolSizeCustom       = OSGeo.Gdal:1,OSGeo.OGR:50,OSGeo.SHP:50

In other words. 50 file based connections for the OGR and 50 for the SHP
provider.

Best regards
  Hans Milling...