[mapguide-users] Additional monitoring of MapGuide

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Mon Oct 24 02:08:06 PDT 2016

We also experience this with our WebGIS. We never found the cause of this,
but some of our customers experience this every day and others never
experience it.
My research suggests that if you query the MapGuide server with an expired
session, some errors occur inside MapGuide and at some point it stops
working due to memory leaks or something. Best way to avoid the crashes is
to avoid working with expired MapGuide server sessions. So set the IIS
session timeout to something lower than the MapGuide timeout or have some
keep alive request that triggers both IIS and MapGuide server requests.