[mapguide-users] How to best consume Map Data

TravellingNomad prasanth_sasidharan at infosys.com
Tue Sep 6 20:36:43 PDT 2016

Hi there,I am new to the whole GIS domain, so apologies for asking basic
questions and using non-standard terminologies. I am using Mapguide
Opensource 3.0 with Maestro 5.1. I intend to consume Map data from an Oracle
FDO. Currently, the internal inventory system stores the map and meta data
in 3 different files. I need to load the data from these 3 files into an
Oracle DB for Mapguide Opensource 3.0 to consume.Info about 3 files are
given below : *File_1*Format : sdlContains the base map.*File_2*Format :
custom, but plain textContains the coordinates of different texts on the
map.*File_3*Format : custom, but plain textContains the text, and other meta
data about the different objects on the map. Linked to content in
File_2.(sort of a foreign key).The Map data in the above files are not
stored as Geometries, instead, they are all independent coordinates that
needs to be stitched together.So, my questions are :Does Mapguide Opensource
need Oracle Spatial data to be in a certain standard format before it can be
consumed?Can you point to any documentation/links that details out how to
convert individual points into Oracle Geometries.Thanks,TN.