[mapguide-users] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Why does OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial try to access the wrong database?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 04:17:32 PST 2017

Just necro-ing this thread as I am taking a momentary detour from MapGuide
development to look at some long standing issues with the various FDO
providers (including SQL Server).

Currently, I'm looking at my proposed solution
(https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/933) over Bruno's proposed solution
(https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/876) because my proposed solution (using
HAS_DBACCESS(name) = 1) is more preventative in nature. We don't have to
try/catch and correct the situation on the right error code if we have the
means to prevent such a situation from happening in the first place, which
HAS_DBACCESS seems to do for us.

With the exception of Azure SQL, HAS_DBACCESS is also supported all the way
back to SQL Server 2008 as well, so this is not some recently introduced
function.

Thoughts?

- Jackie