[mapguide-users] correctly display utf-8 arrow-symbol

Reservoirdog c.schmidt at relis.ch
Wed Jul 19 01:14:06 PDT 2017

I converted several Texts (not Mtext) from AutoCAD DWG to a SQLite3-Database.
The Texts contain some UTF-8 symbols like diameter symbol, per mille symbol
and arrow symbol.
On Mapguide I use normal Text style to display the Texts. All symbols are
displayed correctly,
but not the arrow. Instead of the arrows, Mapguide only displays rectangles.
I tried several different text fonts to no success. I also tried the
Mtext-Style, also no success.
Is there any trick, how I can display the right or left pointing arrows?
thx and regards, Chris.