[mapguide-users] .mgp with Feature Source Oracle?

open_saucer t_mcgill at outlook.com
Mon May 8 20:00:46 PDT 2017

I don't intend to move data from one server to another.  I shouldn't have to,
if there is an Oracle DB that have spatial table right?  I can just let any
MapGuide Server access the Oracle DB, read the spatial table and
serve/publish that spatial table  as an layers/maps/etcs.

So really there is no need to create an .mgp package right? If I do decide
to create .mgp package of the Oracle DB, then could I just choose one
spatial table to create a package, just for that table?  Or do I have to
create a package of the whole Oracle DB with all the spatial tables in it?
that wouldn't be good if the Oracle DB instance is really big,  like more
than 30gb with all those spatial tables in it.