[mapguide-users] Mapguide Tiles with OpenLayers

Bernhard Maehler bernhard.maehler at gmx.de
Tue Nov 14 09:45:58 PST 2017

In OpenLayers 2 with Fusion there was an option to use HTTP tiles via the
​useHttpTile layer option.
This allows the map tiles to be proxied and cached, freeing up the MapGuide
Server process, and increases the performance.
Is this option also supported by OpenLayers 4 or mapguide-react-layout?
If not (as I assume), are there any alternatives except XYZ-tiles?
Currently, we can't use XYZ-tiles, because we need to display the map at
certain scales (1:100, 1:250, 1:500...) and other map projections (e.g. EPSG
25832).
I was thinking about using WMTS services which can be accessed by
OpenLayers, but this needs to setup another Map Server (e.g. GeoServer, UMN
MapServer) or other solutions like MapProxy.

Thanks,
Bernhard