[mapguide-users] EPSG:3857 Changes

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Thu Sep 28 13:21:19 PDT 2017

I've notice that coordinate transformations to ESPG:3857 seem to be a little
off when compared to commercial layers like Google.  I have access to high
resolution imagery from Google and it's especially noticeable there.

After a little research I discovered that ESPG:3857 is changing over time,
with its origin moving more than a meter since 1994.  according to
http://www.epsg-registry.org the current coordinate system is different than
that used by both Autodesk and Mapguide (v3.1).  Based on my experience,
Google must be using the latest version for its imagery.

Does anyone know if this is something that might be addressed, or if there
is a way to manually edit the definition used by Mapguide?

Thanks,

Greg