[mapguide-users] Server-Side mapagent maxFeatures parameter

kshippey kshippey at juno.com
Tue Dec 18 22:03:55 PST 2018

Hello,

>From a previous post on the matter, the final word was that there is no
server-side mechanism to limit the number of map features selected:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Limiting-number-of-results-from-Maestro-QueryFeatureSource-or-mapagent-SELECTFEATURES-td5135715.html

Have there been any changes that provide this option in serverconfig.ini or
elsewhere? I am interested in forcing server-side upper limits as a backup
to client-supplied parameter "maxFeatures" as passed to the mapagent.fcgi
url. For example, tests indicate that I can keep raising the client-side
parameter until the server finally throws an exception as follows:

An exception occurred in DB component. Db::put: DB_LOG_BUFFER_FULL:
In-memory log buffer is full

Ideally I can force an upper limit regardless of large values passed by the
client URL request.