[mapguide-users] Maestro 6m8 deletes resources on rename

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Feb 28 06:52:46 PST 2018

In Maestro 6m8, if I rename a resources and type a name of an existing
resource but haven't checked the overwrite option. The existing resource
disappears. Is this by design?

An Example: I have folder named Client1. I have another folder named
Client2. The Client1 folder has 10 maps, 100 layers and 20 datasources. the
Client2 folder is empty.

If I rename Client2 to Client1. The original Client1 is nowhere to be found,
theres is a new Client1 folder that is empty. I get no warning or error
about overwriting?
The check box "Overwrite existing resource" is NOT checked. I guess I should
get an error/warning If overwrite has not been chosen and I am trying to
overwrite a resource?
What happens to the original Client1 when I choose not to overwrite? Is it
deleted, or is the reference just lost and the original folder is forever
stuck in the database? Can the lost reference be recovered somehow or is it
actually deleted from the database?

Best regards
  Hans Milling...