[mapguide-users] Moving to MGOS from AIMS

Plantech jerryr at plan-tech.com
Mon Jan 8 18:10:54 PST 2018

That would be a hopeful happening if you put trust in Autodesk saying that
they want to improve the "delivering of technologies that improve the
exchange of data and information between GIS tools and [Autodesk's] BIM
design solutions. It strengthens [Autodesk's] ability to enable more
connected GIS+BIM workflows."

While they are "collaborating" with ESRI, it would be nice if Autodesk
offered the abilities to the dedicated users and subscribers of AIMS and the
MGOS communities to completely use all of the AIMS FDO data sources within
the MGOS platform.  Besides the ECW and Oracle (where user has proper
licensing) connections, the incorporation of  FDO DWF and DWG file formats
as data sources should be a foremost offering to MGOS.

We have developed significant data using Autodesk products (primarily
Autocad Map 3D) in the form of drawings in  DWG and DWF files which we are
displayed in AMIS as FDO data/layers.  This would seem a natural inclusion
in Autodesk's final assistance or contribution to the OSGEO community.

Indeed, the DWG and DWF formats are certainly a key connection between
remaining Autodesk products and MGOS.