[mapguide-users] Accepting applications to join the MapGuide PSC

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 02:24:40 PST 2018

Hi Hans,

That's a good question.

You can find out about what the formal duties of the MapGuide PSC are on
this (finally updated!) page:

https://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html

In practice, the PSC's primary duty is to comment (if they are able to) and
vote to adopt (implement) or reject any RFCs (Request For Comment) that come
through the mapguide-internals mailing list. Although most MapGuide RFCs in
the past few years have all come from myself, anyone can submit and RFC and
it is the duty of the PSC to provide feedback (where possible) and to vote
on it when the time comes to motion for a vote.

I don't think there is really a dedicated amount of time every month one
must dedicate to the PSC. My belief is simply if there is an RFC or
discussion that comes up on the mapguide-internals mailing list that
requires the attention of the PSC, that members are able to
reply/comment/vote within a reasonable time frame.

Knowledge of the MapGuide codebase is not a pre-requisite for being a PSC
member, but it is a "nice to have" as it would give valuable insight when it
comes to any PSC/RFC discussions. If there were any pre-requisites a
prospective PSC member must have in my eyes, it's simply experience in
MapGuide as a user, as a MG application developer, as a MG core developer,
etc. The more angles of experience you have in the MapGuide platform, the
better. But that's just my own personal opinion.

Hope that answers your questions.

- Jackie