[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 3.1.1 test windows build

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 04:10:15 PST 2018

Hi All,

As stated in my previous roadmap post, I hope to have a 3.1.1 patch release
of MapGuide Open Source around the Feb/March timeframe.

I've uploaded a new windows test build of 3.1.1 for any interested parties
to try out:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/3.1.1-Test/

Besides some small bugfixes made to the 3.1 branch since the MGOS 3.1
release, the main focus of this 3.1.1 window test build is centered around
an updated FDO that features:

 - GDAL/OGR/WMS providers updated to use GDAL 2.2.3
    - You can swap out the GDAL dll with an equivalent custom GDAL build
from gisinternals (http://www.gisinternals.com/stable.php). Make sure you
are downloading the MSVC 2015 build for this.
    - Updated instructions here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MGOS311GdalProvider
    - Reminder that by using drivers like ECW/MrSID/etc you are bound by
their terms of use in their respective licensing agreements.
    - Another reminder that swapping the GDAL dll with a custom one is not
supported by us. Use at your own risk/discretion.
 - OGR provider fixes:
    - Better handling/support of VRT data sources
    - Ensure dots in property names are replaced with tildes (~) as dot
characters are illegal characters in FDO property names.
    - Better FDO exception error propagation from failed GDAL/OGR API calls
within the provider.
    - New GDAL 2.x capabilities are surfaced to their FDO counterparts
        - int64 data types
        - nullable fields
        - default values
 - WFS provider fixes:
    - Features not fully loaded
    - Curve strings properly serialized to their GML counterparts
    - xsd:long values no longer capped at 2147483647 if value is beyond
that.
 - WMS provider fixes:
    - Fix SSL connect error if connecting to a WMS server using TLS 1.2
 - PostgreSQL provider fixes:
    - Better handling of check constraint clauses (eg. '10'::integer)
 - SHP provider fixes:
    - Fix SHP file cannot be read if it had been opened for writing
 - SQL Server provider fixes:
    - ***No longer tries to connect to and list every database on the SQL
Server, only the ones your login credentials can actually access***. I know
this one has been a major pain point for some of you.
    - Computed columns now properly advertised as read-only properties in
the FDO schema
    - (Long standing) patches from Bruno Scott:
       - Date columns not appearing in FDO schemas
       - Use locale-independent date formatting

If you've been bitten by any of the bugs/issues fixed in this list, I
recommend you give this test build a try and see if it fixes your issue.
Feedback on this test build is appreciated.

Regards,

- Jackie