[mapguide-users] Slow Openstreetmap

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:51:01 PDT 2018

Current Fusion doesn't do this. I'm making changes to let you do this. It
will work something like this:

Where your OSM layer fragment in the Application Definition looks like this:

      <Map>
        <Type>OpenStreetMap</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>
          <Options>
            <name>Open Street Map</name>
            <type>Mapnik</type>
          </Options>
        </Extension>
      </Map>

The changes I am making will allow you to do something like this:

      <Map>
        <Type>OpenStreetMap</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>
          <Options>
            <name>Open Street Map</name>
            <type>Mapnik</type>
            <urls>http://myalternativeosmtileserver1/${z}/${y}/${x}</urls>
            <urls>http://myalternativeosmtileserver2/${z}/${y}/${x}</urls>
          </Options>
        </Extension>
      </Map>

And the OSM layer will use the specified tile source URLs instead of the
default.

This will work for CycleMap and TransportMap as well, so that if the API key
watermarks annoy you, you can use this same mechanism to specify
alternatives like (http://www.thunderforest.com/docs/apikeys/)

And along the way, I'm also cleaning up the way Fusion is initialized. We
don't need to append script tags for Bing/OSM/Stamen (only for Google Maps).
There's layer types already present in OpenLayers to use such external
layers, the scripts we're trying to fetch are not that complicated and can
be easily baked into Fusion itself.

- Jackie