[mapguide-users] MapGuide React

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Mon Oct 15 20:39:05 PDT 2018

Hey MapGuider's

I'm trying to get my head around the new react sidebar viewer and adapt it
to some specific needs ....

For the life of me I can't seem to get my head around the whole redux /
store / action .... I'm trying to add a sort of plan viewer as another
sidebar button / pane, it works well by itself but I'm now trying to
integrate it a little more by adding it to the application store so when a
feature with a certain attribute (basically a href ...) is clicked or a row
in a table is clicked it updates the application state and then the relevant
reducer or however it works ... updates the preview pane.

So basically I have a form with some search criteria that return some rows
I have a preview pane that holds an iframe to preview the document ....
I have a new application state / store that has a string value.
when the is updated I want the preview frame to change accordingly ....

If anyone can enlighten me with some examples of how to add a new reducer /
store and dispatch to it with regards to the new sidebar viewer it would be
great .... I feel I'm close to figuring it out ... I'll see if I can put an
example of what I'm trying to do up.

Also I'm basically forking the react viewer and making my changes, but
perhaps theres a better way to keep my changes more generic and separate so
I can better roll with any updates to the viewer

Another wall of text ...... sorry

Adam

-----
MapGuide Maestro 6.0.0.8587