[mapguide-users] No access to WMS server

Peter Scigalla scigalla at battefeld.com
Thu Sep 13 01:58:33 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I try to access a public WMS server with MGOS. On my test system, which
is directly connected to the internet, this works without any problems.

https://www.wms.nrw.de/geobasis/wms_nw_dop?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.3.0

Unfortunately this does not work on the target system. There MGOS runs
on a server which is connected to the internet via a proxy. So I suspect
that this is a proxy problem. Also because I can access the
GetCapabilities with the browser.

In an old post I found Jackie's hint for additional connection parameters:

 > ProxyServerName
 > ProxyServerPort
 > ProxyServerUsername
 > ProxyServerPassword
(from
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/MGOS-2-4-Unable-to-connect-to-WMS-server-tp5016870p5017605.html)

Where are these parameters defined? Does anyone have other hints for
dealing with proxies?

Many thanks in advance!

Peter

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator