[mapguide-users] MySQL Linestring or Polygon Selection Issues

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 03:29:45 PST 2019

Perhaps you could help me help you.

Yes, the version check done by the provider is incorrect.

I spun up a MariaDB 10.4 docker container and when I talk to it with the
MySQL provider get the following information:

mysql_get_server_version() returns 50505
mysql_get_server_info() returns
"5.5.5-10.4.10-MariaDB-1:10.4.10+maria~bionic"

The provider actually calls mysql_get_server_info() for the version check
(why it does this instead of calling mysql_get_server_version() I do not
know) and parses the version string within. The version parsed here is also
50505, so regardless of how we get the version number, it results in the
same value of 50505.

So what is 5.5.5 in this case? MariaDB 10.4 supports the feature set of
MySQL 5.5.5? Why do both methods insist on reporting this version number
instead of 10.4.10?

- Jackie