[mapguide-users] Mapguide Server crash when having wrong ordered layer groups

PHSP patrick.habicht at softplan-informatik.de
Thu Dec 17 02:33:45 PST 2020

Hi,

I think I've found a bug in Mapguide Server. I'm using Maestro to create my
Maps and I have many Layers in Layer Groups.
When I create multiple levels of Layer groups like that:
A/B/C/Layer

And then I move around groups until iIget something like that:
C/A/B/Layer

Then when you have a look at the XML of the map you will see that group C
will appear at the end of the XML document even it is the parent of all
other groups.

And what i thought is that that shouldn't be a problem but it turns out that
with this group order in the XML my Mapguide Server will always Crash on
Mapagents GETDYNAMICOVERLAYIMAGE. (It really crashes so I have to restart
the Server)

/http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE&VERSION=2.0.0&LOCALE=en&CLIENTAGENT=ol%2Fsource%2FImageMapGuide%20source&CLIP=1&SETDISPLAYDPI=96&SETDISPLAYWIDTH=1920&SETDISPLAYHEIGHT=873&SETVIEWSCALE=2223.96373402482&SETVIEWCENTERX=980363.900744559&SETVIEWCENTERY=6536918.396907215&MAPNAME=INGRADAmobile&SESSION=...&SELECTIONCOLOR=0x0000FF80&FORMAT=PNG&BEHAVIOR=2/

When i reorder the XML nodes it will work again. So i can reproduce that any
time.

/<2020-12-17T10:53:43> 	68472	ol/source/ImageMapGuide source
Administrator
 Error: Problem:\nThe application encountered a problem and could not finish
the operation you just requested properly.\n\nSolution:\nIf it\'s the first
time you met this problem, try again or restart the application / session;
otherwise, describe the steps to reproduce this problem to the server
administrator for suggestions.
 StackTrace:
  - MgRenderingServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\3.1.1\x64\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\RenderingServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpRenderDynamicOverlay.Execute() line 162 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\3.1.1\x64\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\OpRenderDynamicOverlay.cpp
  - MgServerRenderingService.RenderDynamicOverlay() line 622 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\3.1.1\x64\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
/

Can anyone help me? Is this a known bug? Because knowing that we have so
many maps and layers that should have happend in the past but it didn't. The
only thing new is that we moved from ajax viewer to direct mapagent calls
for some of our maps.