[mapguide-users] selection color and transparency in fusion

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Mon Jun 1 10:29:47 PDT 2020

I am struggling a little bit with entity selection color and transparency in a fusion layout, and I was hoping that someone could provide me with a little guidance.  Using Maestro, I set the selection color of my map I checked the boxes "Single Tile" and "Selection As Overlay".  I have observed some issues related to this, and I wasn't sure if perhaps I might be doing it wrong, or if there is a better way to do what I am trying to accomplish.  The default behavior of this selection color appears to be slightly semi-transparent, which is great.  However, I am having a few difficulties: I cannot seem to control the amount of transparency, even if I edit the XML and adjust the hex value of the color.  I also noticed that if I un-check the box "Selection As Overlay" the color is always the default blue and no transparency is being applied.  I have also observed that the transparency only seems to apply to certain layers in my map but not all of them, though I can't find any layer-specific controls for this.  I remember years ago there was discussion of how to control the transparency and color using the ajax viewer, but I haven't seen any mention of how to do this in fusion.  Are there any additional xml tags that I need to know about other than those populated by Maestro?  Can anybody provide a little bit of guidance here?  Thank you.

Jon

This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information. Confidentiality or privilege is not intended to be waived or lost by erroneous transmission of this message. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your system. Disclosure, use, distribution, or copying of a message or any of its attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.