[mapguide-users] setExtents on mapload fusion

mark volz mark at leap-cad.com
Tue Nov 24 13:50:58 PST 2020

In the relevant template html there should be a function called fusionInitialized which contains this line:
mapWidget.registerForEvent(Fusion.Event.MAP_LOADED, initPanelHandler);

This event handler will call initPanelHandler when the map is loaded.

So you have 2 options
1) include a call mapWidget.setExtents within initpanelHandler.
2) add your own event handler.

Option 2 is the way I generally do it, as it means you can quick update the code when you update to the latest version, I also wait for the map layers and groups to load. The event handler and zoom code is:
Event handler code, added to fusionInitialized:
mapWidget.registerForEvent(Fusion.Event.MAP_MAP_GROUP_LOADED, zoomToPoint);

code to zoom into a point with a 100 unit buffer:
var zoomToPoint = function(){
	var cent_x = 123456789
	var cent_y = 987654321
	var offset = 100;
	var  x1 = cent_x -offset;
	var x2 = cent_x +offset;
	var y1 = cent_y -offset;
	var y2 = cent_y + offset;
	var mapWidget = Fusion.getWidgetById('Map');
	var extent = new OpenLayers.Bounds(x1,y1,x2, y2);
	mapWidget.setExtents(extent);
}

Where Cent_x and cent_y is the point you want to zoom into and need to be in the co-ordinate system of your map. If you already have the co-ords of the area you want to zoom into then you can just set the extents using them.